In need of a takeaway but want to make something yourself and not spend out on expensive fat filled takeaways, then you need to start looking at fakeaways, especially the Fakeaway Doner Kebab. This is one of my all time favourite takeaways ever, a nice doner kebab, made with extra lean lamb / beef mince and packed with flavour.
Serves: 4 – 6 people
Time: 10 mins Prep, 1 hour 30 mins cooking
SYNS: Free on Extra Easy, but you may need to Syn the pita or use as Healthy Extra
- 500g / 1.1lb EXTRA Lean Mince (lamb or beef) I use beef.
- 1/2 t spoon – Black Pepper
- 1/2 t spoon – Dried Italian Herbs
- 1/4 t spoon – Cayenne Pepper
- 1 t spoon – Oregano
- 1 t spoon – Plain Flour
- 1 t spoon Worcestershire Sauce (Optional)
N.B I spice mine up, so I also put in 1 t spoon – Chilli Powder and some Tabasco.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180 oC / 350 oF
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add mince and Worcestershire Sauce and mix thoroughly for 2 – 3 mins. Take out any aggression on the mixture kneading and punching until there are no air pockets. Make sure the mix is extremely smooth.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour 20 mins turning the loaf half way through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Leave for 10 mins.
- Slice the kebab into thin strips.
Serve with a big healthy salad, you can also use a pitta or a roll if you want too, but you may need to syn it.
Let me know what you think of the Fakeaway Doner Kebab recipe, if you made any changes and any pictures of your creations, please share!!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!