Now I know using Diet Coke or Coke Zero in recipes, but trust me, this Diet Coke / Coke Zero Chicken is fantastic. As you can drink Diet Coke / Coke Zero if you are following the Slimming World way of life, this recipe is ideal for anyone. Just in case you are wondering, this is SYN FREE.
For this great recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4x skinless chicken breasts – cut into cubes
- 1x red or white onion – which ever you prefer, sliced
- 500 ml of Diet Coke / Coke Zero
- 1x 500g Passatta
- 1x 50g Mushrooms – sliced
- Salt and Pepper
(N.B: You can add peppers or other veggies if you want)
- Cut the onion and mushrooms into sliced, dice the chicken breasts and make sure you remove all horrible bits. Put the onions and mushrooms in a frying pan to cook with a few spary’s of Frylight, cook until soft and looking nice, once at that stage, empty into a bowl, put more FryLight into the pan and brown the chicken off.
- Once the chicken is all browned off, add the cooked onions and mushrooms, add the passatta, some salt, some pepper and 1 can on the Diet Coke / Coke Zero. Mix around so all the chicken is covered, put a lid on the pan and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, put a pan of boiling water on, put in enough pasta and cook the pasta until it is ready. After 10 minutes, remove the lid, stir the Coke Chicken and leave for a further 10 minutes until the sauce goes thick.
- Strain the pasta and rinse with boiling water from the kettle to get rid of any excess starch. Put pasta into a bowl, make a little hole in the middle, serve the coke chicken and enjoy!!
Let me know what you think of the Diet Coke / Coke Zero Chicken recipe, if you made any changes and any pictures of your creations, please share!!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!