It’s Christmas! This means slimming world mincemeat is being made! That happens every year I know but I’m excited about Christmas all year round which is why you’ll find me making Christmas slimming world recipes all year long because I just can’t get enough! I’m making slimming world Christmas cake in August and Slimming world Mince pies in July!
My slimming world mince pies are one of my favourite recipes to make, I love them, the other half loves them and so does everyone else at work! Christmas slimming world recipes can be a pain to make but this slimming world mincemeat recipe is super easy to make and tastes amazing!
At least when you enjoy this yummy slimming world mincemeat, in your slimming world mince pies you’ll not be feeling stuffed and bloated at the end of the day. Christmas slimming world recipes don’t have to make you put weight on, you can still enjoy them!
Homemade Slimming World Mincemeat
This slimming world homemade mincemeat recipe is just the thing to get you in the festive spirit, it smells just like you expect Christmas to smell and once you sink your teeth into it, well if it isn’t December already, you’ll still be bound to be putting your tree up for sure!
Of course, you can buy mincemeat from the shops but then it really isn’t a yummy slimming world Christmas recipe, I would also point out that shop brought mincemeat will mean even more syns and we really don’t want that at Christmas now do we!
How Many Syns In Slimming World Mincemeat? – 2 Syns
So you might be thinking, how many syns are in the slimming world mincemeat? Well, not as many as you might think! Each serving of this mincemeat is only going to set you back 2 syns! This means you can enjoy loads of mince pies without any added guilt in the process!
Christmas slimming world recipes can be so much fun, really tasty and super cheap to make. Take a look at how much this slimming world mincemeat costs to make in the recipe card and make some for yourself!
Equipment I Used To Make Slimming World Mincemeat
So I wouldn’t be able to make this recipe without using some very nice kitchen equipment, take a look at my affiliate links below and see all the fun things I used in order to make this very special Christmas slimming world recipe one of the best I’ve ever made!
The Best Slimming World Mincemeat Filling Recipe
Now this is just the recipe for easy mincemeat filling for your mince pies, you can certainly make some tweaks to the recipe if you feel it is suitable, but this recipe certainly works. There is an optional element of alcohol in your recipe, personally, I don’t use alcohol for 2 reasons, the first is that I rarely drink alcohol and secondly I actually prefer mincemeat and mince pies with no alcohol.
This simple mincemeat recipe is so easy to make, suitable for everyone, especially if you don’t put any alcohol in it. This is also a vegetarian mincemeat recipe as it does not contain any suet.
The one thing you need to decide when it comes to mince pies is the pastry, this may be a simple question for you, but if you want to try and keep on plan, then it may take a little more thought, some of the options include a shortcrust pastry, filo or even something completely different like a Weight Watchers Wraps.
Slimming World Mincemeat Recipe
Take a look at this yummy slimming world mincemeat recipe below and if you make it, let me know what you think! If you want a few extra spices chuck them in, but if you did something a little different I’d love to know what you did so let me know!
Slimming World Christmas Mincemeat Recipe
- 400 g Bramley apples Cored and chopped small (leave peel on)
- 350 g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 350 g Raisins
- 225 g Currants
- 225 g Sultanas
- 2 Oranges Grate zest and juice
- 2 Lemons Grate zest and juice
- 4 tsp Mixed Ground Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 8 oz whole mixed candied peel finely chopped, 225 g
- 12 oz Soft Dark Brown Sugar 350 g
- grated zest and juice 2 oranges
- grated zest and juice 2 lemons
- 6 tbsp Brandy THIS IS OPTIONAL
- In a large bowl, add all of the dried fruit
- Core and chop the apples into small pieces, leave the peel on, make sure the apple is chopped into small pieces, a similar size to the currents. Then add to the dried fruit.
- Grate and juice the oranges and lemons.
- Add the sugar to the fruit mixture, along with the spices, mix together well.
- Now add the zest and juice to the fruit and sugar mix, the mixture will really smell like Christmas. Cover with clingfilm and leave for 12 hours +
- After 12 hours, you can then put the mincemeat into sterilised jars and keep ready for use at Christmas. Alternatively, you can use the mixture to make fresh mince pies.
- N.B. If you want the mixture to pack an extra punch, you can add 6 tablespoons of Brandy, this will make is boozy and delicious, this is optional only. Personally, I don’t use the brandy.
Don’t forget to share this slimming world mincemeat recipe with your friends. Add it to your Pinterest so that everyone can see the yummy slimming world Christmas recipes that you enjoy, at the end of the day who doesn’t love Christmas and no one wants to put on weight when they’re trying to lose it!