Let’s go for something a little different shall? These have been on my to-make list for quite some time now and I’ve never gotten round to it. My partner loves Haribo sweets so when I said about making these, we both agreed.
If you’re on the slimming world journey you’ll know that sweets aren’t really something you can indulge in unless you want to use all your syns in one hit. These are the perfect alternative to that, they might not be Haribo but they’re close enough to keep people happy!
Slimming world sweets are fun to make but you need to make sure you have some good jelly moulds. I’m talking fun, creative and easy to use silicone ones. They’re the best type to use when you’re making your sweets.
Equipment That I used Making This Haribo Sweets Recipe
All of these links are affiliate links, they won’t cost you a penny to use but it helps me make a little money so I can carry on bringing you exciting recipes! I used all these bits of equipment to make it easier for me and would recommend them easily.
If you want to encourage younger children to eat these over the shop bought sweets, then maybe try the lego character moulds, they are a bit of fun.
You will want to make sure that the silicone moulds are deep enough as these are double layered and you want to ensure you have enough room in them.
How Many Syns In Slimming World Fakeaway Sweets?
So although I would love to say that these are syn free sweets, I can’t. I will say that these are low syn sweets. They’re 1.5 syns for the whole batch of sweet which isn’t too bad. If you’re anything like me, you’ll end up eating a handful at a time and with these, you can do so without feeling guilty.
These slimming world gummy sweets I have to say are very yummy. You would need to check the syns but I would say you could use flavoured yoghurt if you wanted to give them a different flavour. Maybe use a lemon yoghurt with strawberry jelly to have something a little different.
I’m not sure these slimming world Haribo sweets will win the best slimming world sweets award but they come close. If you’re not a fan and just want to binge out on something super yummy, try this slimming world chocolate coke cake!
Fake Haribo Sweets Recipe Card
If you’re making these for a dinner party or just because you want to, let me know what you thought in the comments. One tip would be to wait till the jelly is almost set and then add the yoghurt. It helps them to stay stuck together and not fall apart like a few of mine did.
I love Haribo and will probably never give them up but these fake slimming world Haribo sweets come in at a pretty close second! They’re great for children as well and you can make them with them as the recipe is so easy to make!
Slimming World Haribo Sweets
- Silicone Mould
- Glass Measuring Jug
- 1 Sachet Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly
- 2 Sachets Powdered Gelatine
- ½ Pint Boiling Water
- 160 g Fat Free Yogurt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Add the jelly and gelatine into the measuring jug with ½ pint of boiling water. Mix well until everything has disolved
- Pour ⅓ of the jelly mixture into another jug and leave to one side.
- Pour the rest of the jelly mixture into the silicone moulds, but dont fill the moulds uto he topt as you need to add the yoghurt jelly later.
- Put the jelly moulds into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- While the moulds are in the fridge. Go back to the jug that has the ⅓ jelly mixture, add in the yoghurt and vanilla and mix together until it is fully combined.
- Remove the moulds from the fridge, top up each of the moulds with the yoghurt jelly mixture. Put the moulds back in the fridge and leave for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove the Jelly Sweets from the moulds and enjoy.
|Hartley’s Sugar Free Jelly
|Fat Free Yogurt
If you liked this recipe don’t forget to add it to your Pinterest and let other people discover them as well.