Breakfast can be a difficult time to have something nice, filling and not the run of the mill. These Slimming World Low Syn Strawberry Baked Oats are a perfect little treat, they are the something different. Very filling and a great way to have a slow release of energy. What makes these Slimming World Low Syn Strawberry Baked Oats great, is that they are 1.5 syns per serving if you are using the porridge oats as your healthy extra B (HEB), if not, you will have to add another 7 syns.
We all know the importance of breakfast, it is the first meal of the day, the meal that sets you up for the day and most importantly, it is the meal that will start your metabolism off. Just what you need to keep yourself on track to your healthy eating lifestyle.
If you fancy making this Slimming World Low Syn Strawberry Baked Oats, why not add a little bit extra, try different fruits or even a flavoured yogurt. Let me know how you got on with this recipe, if you made any changes or what your thoughts are to the baked oats.
Strawberry Baked Oats Recipe
Slimming World Low Syn Strawberry Baked Oats
- 40 g Porridge oats HEB or 7 Syns
- 40 g Strawberries
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder 0.5 syns
- 1 Medium Egg
- 80 g Fat Free Plain Yoghurt Use flavoured if you prefer
- 2 tbs Sweetener 1 syn
- pinch of cinnamon
- spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Save 1 tbs of the Porridge Oats and 1 tab of the sweetener.
- Add the porridge oats, sweetener, baking powder, yogurt and egg to a bowl and mix together.
- Grease an oven proof dish with FryLight.
- Put the fruit into the dish.
- Add the mixture on top of the fruit the dish.
- The mix the left over oats and sweetener, then sprinkle this on top of the baked oats mixture, this will make a crispy topping.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 mins, use a skewer to make sure the oats are cooked right the way through (as you would a cake).
- Once cooked, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!