I love cake, who doesn’t love cake! I also love this slimming world pineapple upside down cake! It took me forever to make this cake because I wanted to make sure it was a low syn cake so that everyone can enjoy it, I did it!
One of the things that I hate about following any plan is that you can’t eat what you always want. That being said, Slimming World is totally different. As long as you can find a great low syn recipe you can enjoy as much as you want and that’s why I made this low syn pineapple upside down cake.
I mean if you’re looking for the perfect slimming world cake recipe, I think you may have just found a contender! I’m not saying it’s the best slimming world cake you’ll ever taste but it tastes amazing. I thought it was going to be really difficult to make but in fact, it wasn’t.
Now one thing I will say is that when you’re making this slimming world upside down cake you need to make sure you drain the pineapple if they were stored in syrup or juice otherwise the cake won’t work as well as you’d like, trust me.
The Best Slimming World Pudding Recipe
Like I’ve said, this upside down cake recipe is to die for. I’ve made it a few times now and feel like I’ve finally perfected it and due to the fact that it’s low syn makes it even better in my opinion! You can probably also find better pineapple if you wanted but I love using the Opies Pineapple in Rum because the flavour is so much better!
Now one thing I will say, is this isn’t going to be a low syn pineapple upside down cake if you eat it all. I found that out the hard way!
How Many Syns In Low Syn Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Now you might be thinking, how can something that looks and tastes this amazing be low in syns? Well, it can! Thankfully this low syn pineapple upside down cake only has 5 syns per portion which I personally think is amazing and I might even have two slices next time.
If you fancy trying more low syn cakes then take a look at this list of slimming world cake recipes and try them out for yourself!
- Slimming World Diet Coke Chocolate Cake (8.5 syns and worth it)
- Slimming World Weetabix Cake Recipe (3.5 syns)
- Slimming World Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe (4 syns)
- Slimming World Carrot Cake Recipe (6 Syns)
Slimming World Christmas Cake!
Slimming world cake recipes can be great but have you ever wanted to make a slimming world Christmas cake recipe? Take a look at this Christmas Low Syn Gingerbread Traybake Recipe and get your lips around something truly scrumptious this Christmas with only 3 syns per portion!
What Equipment Did I Use To Make Slimming World Pineapple Cake?
So you might be thinking that I’m an amazing genius who can whip up anything in a hurry, half way there. I can try and make anything but I can’t do it with my bare hands. I use some fantastic equipment in the kitchen and without it, I’d never have been able to make this low syn pineapple cake!
Take a look at some of the equipment that I use below all with affiliate links so you can get your own amazing equipment. If you use anything else to make your pineapple upside down cake do let me know in the comments.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Slimming World Recipe Card
If you liked the look of this recipe I’d encourage you to make it. I had so much fun making this pineapple upside down cake and I would love to know what everyone else thought when they tried it. Do let me know in the comments or send me a message to let me know how you got on.
This recipe makes a nice, full-sized cake so you won’t need to worry about doubling up unless you want to make two! Don’t forget, if you liked this low syn pineapple upside down cake, take a look at all my other low syn cakes and enjoy your slimming world journey that little bit more!
Low Syn Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Stand Mixer
- Square Cake Tin
- Baking Parchment
- 100 g Self Raising Flour
- 100 g Low Fat Spread
- 75 g Granulated Sugar
- 3 Egg
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence/Extract
- 8 Pineapple Slices/Rings
- 8 Glace Cherries Halved
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350°F/Gas 4.
- Into the stand mixer bowl, add the flour, granulated sugar, low fat spread. Mix until it is all combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, make sure the egg are mixed into the cake mixture thourghly before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract.
- Line the cake tin with baking parchment. Sprinkle the caster sugar over the bottom of the lined cake tin. Place the pineapple rings and half a cherry into the centre of the rings. Make sure you put the cherries with the cut side facint up.
- Pour over the cake mixture carefully and make sure all of the pineapple is covered.
- Cook for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden brown. If you pop a skewer into the centre, it should come out clean.
- Once cooked, leave the cake to stand for 5 minutes.
- After the cake has been left to cool for 5 minutes, remove the cake from the cake tin and place onto a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 slices and enjoy.
|Self Raising Flour||100 g||354||kcal||£0.03|
|Low Fat Spread||100 g||150||kcal||£0.11|
|Granulated Sugar||75 g||265||kcal||£0.15|
|Caster Sugar||1 tbsp||16||kcal||£0.01|
|Vanilla Essence/Extract||1 tsp||12||kcal||£0.09|
|Pineapple Slices/Rings||260 g||128||kcal||£1.10|
|Glace cherries (halved)||8 Cheeires||128||kcal||£0.16|
If you made this pineapple upside down slimming world cake, do let me know! Upload your pictures onto Instagram and don’t forget to tag me so I know you made it! Don’t forget to add this to Pinterest either so that others can enjoy it!