So I’m being a little more naughty this year and making some naughty but yummy treats. I’m still looking to eat healthy which is why all my naughty recipes aren’t full of terrible ingredients and still taste good. These cherry Bakewell cupcakes are a testament to that.
These cherry and almond cupcakes are so much fun to make, taste amazing and look super cool as well. I do a lot of recipes that look like their shop purchased like my slimming world lemon drizzle muffins but these are more rustic and homemade-looking which I personally love!
I’ve tried a few recipes to make cherry Bakewell cupcakes and a lot of them have almond flour or ground almonds in them and I decided not to take that route, more for the price of it. I’m all for making new recipes but I don’t believe that a recipe should cost a fortune to make. Plus I have really nice cherries that I add and I do feel they’re the star of the show!
Making Cherry & Almond Cupcake Recipe Tips
I really only have a couple of tips that you need to follow if you’re making this cherry bakewell cupcake recipe. It’s a really simple and easy recipe to make and that’s what I love doing when I bake, take the hassle out of it but still make them yummy.
My first tip, make sure you use good quality ingredients. If you’re using a cheap flavouring, it won’t be as strong and will cook out while it’s in the oven. I would also suggest using good cherries and not the cheap glace cherries. I use Opies Cocktail Cherries for all my recipes and they are the ones I’d suggest.
I’ve tried this recipe a few times and I have to say, it’s one of the recipes that if you deviate off course a little, they’ll fall flat and not work! So make sure you follow the recipes if you want the best cherry and almond cupcakes!
Slimming World Cherry Bakewell Cupcakes – 13 Syns
So I do a lot of slimming world recipes on my blog and I love making new slimming world cakes all the time. These slimming world cherry bakewell cupcakes are the exact treat you need at the end of a long day. They have everything you need and if you want to be even naughtier, add some chocolate chips.
This slimming world cherry bakewell cupcakes recipe doesn’t have chocolate chips in though and you’d have to factor in syns if you did do that. Every one of these slimming world cherry and almond cupcakes is going to cost you 13 syns which isn’t that bad at all!
If you’re on slimming world and you’ve tried this slimming world cherry bakewell cupcake recipe, do let me know in the comments! I’m always looking for feedback and to know what people think about my recipes!
(All syns for the cherry bakewell cupcakes slimming world recipe are correct as of August 2021.)
Kitchen Equipment I used When Making Cherry and Almond Cupcakes
So, of course, there’s some special kitchen equipment that I use when I make my recipes and it’d be mean if I didn’t share them with my readers! If you’re looking to make these cherry bakewell cupcakes, you’ll need them as well! Take a look at my affiliate links below.
Cherry Bakewell Cupcakes Recipe Card
If you liked this recipe please do let me know in the comments. Have any feedback, I’d love to hear it. These cherry bakewell cupcakes are something I’ve wanted to try for a while so I’m glad I finally did because they taste so nice.
I took them into work and they didn’t last very long! If you want brownie points from friends or family, try these because they’re sure to do the job! As always if you want more than what these made, double the recipe and then you’ll have loads of cherry and almond cupcakes to fill your kitchen with!
Cherry Bakewell Cupcake Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Muffin Tin
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 115 g Caster Sugar
- 50 g Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 225 ml Skimmed Milk
- 75 ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar Opies Cherries Drained
- 25 g Flaked Almonds
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat the oven 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Line the muffin tin with paper cases.
- Using a strainer, put the cherries in a strainer over a bowl to drain, keep the juice for later.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, caster sugar, baking powder together. Now add the eggs, vanilla, almond, milk and oil. Mix until fully combined and no lumps.
- Cut 6 cherries in half and set them aside for later. Chop the rest of the cherries up and add to the cake mixture, mix through the cake mixture until it is full combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add the mixture to the 12 muffin cases until they are three quarters full.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Once done, test that the cupcakes are cooked using a skewer, if the skewer comes out clean, the muffins are cooked. If not, they need a little more time.
- Place on a wire rank until they are cooled.
- Once cooled, you need to ice the cupcakes and add the toppings.
- In a bowl, add the icing sugar and a tablespoon of the cherry juice. Mix until icing sugar is thick, add more cherry juice if needed.
- Drizzle the icing sugar over the cupcake, sprinkle the flaked almond and place a cherry half in the centre.
- Serve with a nice cuppa and enjoy.
|Self Raising Flour||200 g||708 kcal||£0.06|
|Caster Sugar||445 g||677 kcal||£0.15|
|Icing Sugar||50 g||230 kcal||£0.10|
|Baking Powder||1/2 tsp||1 kcal||£0.01|
|Milk (Skimmed)||225 ml||85 kcal||£0.13|
|Vegetable Oil||75 ml||663 kcal||£0.08|
|Almonds (Flaked)||25 g||133 kcal||£0.27|
|Vanilla Essence||1 tsp||12 kcal||£0.09|
|Almond Essence||1 tsp||12 kcal||£0.09|
|Opies Cherries||200 g||400 kcal||£1.60|
|PER SERVING||255 kcal||£0.24|
Don’t forget to share these with your friends and family and spread the recipe far and wide! If you loved these Cherry Bakewell Cupcakes, leave me a comment and let me know how you got on! I love seeing your pictures on Instagram and don’t forget to share this recipe on Pinterest!