If you’re looking for something a little different for dinner times, then look no further than this Slimming World Sloppy Joes Pasta Bake. It is packed full of flavour, topped with cheese and is very easy to make.
What is a Sloppy Joe?
You may be wondering what is a sloppy joe or why it is called that. Well it is an American dish which originates from early 20th century. Sloppy Joes is actually a sandwich which consists of either beef or pork mince, tomato sauce, onions, Worcestershire sauce and some herbs and spices. The name sloppy joes comes from the original cook who made it, Sloppy Joe.
Sloppy Joes is seem to be a cheap dish, as it is minced beef or pork in a tomato sauce served on a hamburger or other type of roll / bun / bap / sub.
Sloppy Joes from Scratch
This is going to show you how to make sloppy joes from scratch and then turning it into a pasta bake. This is the best sloppy joes recipe that I have made. Packed full of flavour, you can make slight tweaks if needed in terms of spice and everything.
Slimming World Pasta Bake
This is such a simple sloppy joes recipe, you make the sloppy joes from scratch, you can make sandwiches like the traditional style and any leftover sloppy joes mixture and then be used for this recipe or like the recipe shows, make the mixture and put it straight into a Slimming World Sloppy Joes Pasta Bake, top it with cheese and enjoy.
Slimming World Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake Syns
The recipe is a syn free recipe as long as you use the cheese as your healthy extra (HEa) for this recipe. If you don’t want to use cheese as your healthy extra, then you do need to syn this. For the whole recipe, it comes in at 12 syns, so that is 3 syns per portion!! Not a lot in the grade scheme of things.
Slimming World Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake Recipe
Slimming World Sloppy Joes Pasta Bake Recipe
- 500 g Extra Lean Mince Beef
- 1 Large Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 Medium Green Pepper Finely Chopped
- 240 ml Passata
- 70 g Tomato Puree
- 32 g Jordan’s Skinny Sweetener If you use another sweetener, you will have to syn it
- 2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 300 g Uncooked Pasta
- 50 g Light Mozzarella 1 HEa
- 30 g Light Cheddar 1 HEa
- Salt and Black pepper
- Salt and Black pepper
- 50 g of mozzarella – 1 HEa 2oz
- 30 g of cheddar – 1 HEa 1oz
- In a large high sided frying pan, put it on a medium heat, spray the pan with FryLight, then add the onions and cook for 5 mins till golden.
- Add the mince beef and cook util browned
- Add the peppers and tomato puree and stir to mixture.
- Add the passata, sweetener, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard powder, balsamic vinegar, paprika and some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 mins. N.B – If sauce reduces down too much, just add a little water into the sloppy joe mixture.
- Add pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook till al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 200°C / 400 °F (gas mark 6)
- Drain the pasta and then mix with the sloppy Joe mixture.
- Put into an oven proof dish and the top it with the sliced mozzarella and grated cheddar
- Bake in the oven for approx 15 – 25 mins, until cheese is melted and lightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy.
Why not give this simple sloppy joes recipe a try and tell me how it turned out for you. This will certainly be a family favourite for sure.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!