I was so excited to make this recipe, I love cheese which I’m sure most people do right? It was a no brainer to make this slimming world macaroni and Cheese recipe! It’s fairly healthy, super yummy and totally easy to make which in my opinion are one of the three best traits to have in a recipe!
It was my first time making this slimming world macaroni and Cheese recipe and I have to say, I’m going to be making it again! It’s also great to find a quark free slimming world recipe because so many of them have quark and my partner hates it!
This slimming world mac n cheese recipe tastes like the real deal and it’s still great to eat if you’re trying to lose weight. I know a lot of people like to really pack their recipes with other ingredients but I’m keeping mine simple, easy to make and still as tasty!
How Many Syns In Slimming World Macaroni and Cheese Recipe – 6.5 Syns
You might be thinking, that slimming world mac n cheese recipe is bound to be filled with so many syns it’s unreal. To be fair with the ingredients I used it’s not that bad. I’ve seen other recipes where people add bacon and that takes the syns right up so if you’re thinking about doing that, factor in the syn increase!
This slimming world macaroni and Cheese recipe is only going to set you back 6.5 syns per portion, which to me is amazing considering how yummy it tastes! I love recipes that look like they’re going to cost the earth in syns but actually don’t like this Slimming World Syn Free Chicken Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe!
How To Make The Best Slimming World Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
So with this recipe, it’s really important to pay attention and follow the recipe. A lot of my recipes are so easy you don’t have to keep a constant eye on things when it’s cooking, however with this slimming world macaroni and Cheese recipe you do! Otherwise, you’ll end up in a mess.
The trick is when you make the sauce, keep an eye on it. I’ve seen a few people saying how their sauce tasted burnt or it didn’t taste quite right. It’s normally because it’s been left on the heat too long or they’ve left it for a couple of minutes unattended and stopped stirring it, never a good idea!
It’s also really important to layer the toppings at the end instead of just throwing everything on top. If you want a nice crispy, cheese-filled topping, this is the way to do it! I mean it would be The Best Slimming World Macaroni & Cheese Recipe if it didn’t have the best topping right?!
What I Used To Make The Best Slimming World Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
So although this Slimming World Macaroni & Cheese Recipe is really simple and easy to make, that doesn’t mean I didn’t have some help. I used equipment all the time when I make my recipes and this one is no different.
Take a look at the affiliate links below to see if there’s anything new you want to pick up to help you in the kitchen or maybe you want to upgrade your equipment so that you can make better dishes in the future? Either way, go ahead and treat yourself, you can never have too much when it comes to the kitchen!
Let me know if you use anything else to make your Slimming World Macaroni & Cheese Recipe and maybe I’ll end up buying something new as well!
The Best Slimming World Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Card
This mac n cheese recipe I think you’ll find is one of the best, that doesn’t mean that you can’t change it in any way shape or form! I know people who add bacon into theirs, peppers, chicken and all sorts of things. Let me know if you did anything different to yours and I might have to try it out!
This easily feeds 4 people, however, if you have more people to feed just double the recipe. There’s also nothing wrong with going back for me if that’s what you want. Don’t forget, if you make it upload a picture to Instagram and tag me in it!
Slimming World Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
- Deep Frying Pan
- Ovenproof Dish
- 250 g Macaroni
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 350 ml Skimmed Milk
- 150 g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1 ½ tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Low Fat Spread
- ½ tbsp Mustard Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika (Smoked)
- Salt and Pepper
- 100 g Breadcrumbs
- Grate the cheese and set aside for later.
- Put a large pan of water on to boil, add the vegetable stock cube.
- Once the water is boiling, add the macaroni and leave to cook.
- Put a deep frying pan on medium heat. Add the low fat spread to the frying pan, when it has melted, add the flour and using a wooden spoon, mix it together to form a paste.
- Now add all the milk, stirring it constantly, you may see some lumps, just keep mixing the milk together with the paste and it will form a sauce.
- Once all the lumps have gone and you have a smooth sauce, add the mustard powder, paprika and some salt and pepper. Add the cheese until it is fully melted into the sauce.
- The sauce should now be thick enough that it covers the back of a spoon. To make sure it is ready, if you can run your finger over the back of the spoon and there is a clear line, it is ready.
- As long as the macaroni is ready, take it off the heat and drain away the water.
- Put the macaroni back into the empty pan, now add the cheese sauce on top of the macaroni. Mix it together until the macaroni is fully covered in sauce.
- Put the macaroni and cheese into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve with a salad or whatever you want. Be careful, it WILL be hot.
|Macaroni||250 g||927 kcal||£0.35|
|Vegetable Stock Cube||1||13 kcal||£0.03|
|Skimmed Milk||350 ml||121 kcal||£0.32|
|Cheese (Low Fat)||150 g||528 kcal||£1.05|
|Plain Flour||1 tbsp||19 kcal||£0.01|
|Low Fat Spread||1 tbsp||16 kcal||£0.02|
|Mustard Powder||1/2 tbsp||0 kcal||£0.10|
|Paprika||1/2 tsp||3 kcal||£0.01|
|Breadcrumbs||100 g||357 kcal||£0.50|
|PER SERVING||496 kcal||£0.60|
Don’t forget to add this post to your Pinterest so that you can share it with others and show them the amazing and yummy recipes you’re creating. After all, there’s nothing more attractive than cooking your own food and not ordering a takeaway every single night!