I love to cook and finding new recipes is always so much fun. What makes it better is that you can get some fantastic recipes. What I always try to look for is a dish that is tasty, packed full of flavour and doesn’t take half the kitchen to make.
That is where this great Firecracker Chicken recipe comes in. The actual recipe is from Spicentice. You simply follow the instructions that comes with the spice mix and away you go.
What is Spicentice?
Spicentice is a company that produces some really tasty spice blends and kits. These blends and kits are absolutely perfect for people on slimming world. They are 100% pure herbs and spices, so as they are not mixed with anything it means that they are syn free. In addition to that, they are gluten-free, suitable for vegans and nothing artificial.
Now the Firecracker Chicken is great for a spicy dish with a kick. This is a great mix that contains Chilli, Coriander, Cumin, Onion, Fenugreek, Garlic, Ginger, Paprika, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Salt, Black Pepper and Cloves. All you need to do is add just the fresh ingredients. Now I will be honest here, this is a recipe that does pack a bit of a punch, so if you like spicy food, this is certainly one for you. Now you can buy Spicentice from Amazon, however, they are more expensive. If you buy them directly from the Spicentice directly from the Spicentice website, not only are each spice mix cheaper, but you can get an extra 10% discount if you use my discount code: MATTSCAFE.
Is Firecracker Chicken good on Slimming World?
This is a really simple answer, Firecracker Chicken is absolutely perfect on Slimming World, it is Syn Free. There is nothing in this recipe that would mean that you need to syn anything. This does apply to Easy Easy only.
Spicentice Firecracker Chicken Cost
As I have previously mentioned, you should buy the Spicentice mixes directly from the Spicentice website and get a 10% discount on all purchases if you use my discount code: MATTSCAFE.
There are so many options in the supermarket for Asian food, most are processed for, why not make your own, that way you know what is in your food and you can keep out all the bad stuff. If you are worried about making food from scratch, these Spicentice mixes take out all the hard part. All you have to do is add the fresh ingredients and the mix, then you’re done.
Homemade Chinese food is delicious, packed full of goodness and so much cheaper than either shop-bought processed meals or a takeaway. You can consider the Firecracker Chicken as a fakeaway.
In terms of Spicentice, the spice mix is only spices, they are really healthy, they only contain 100% pure herbs and spices. You know that this means that there is nothing but good good and tasty ingredients. When you add in the fresh ingredients, the vegetables, lime, chicken or protein alternative.
Even though this is for a Firecracker Chicken, you could do this with a soya alternative, tofu or just pack it full of even more vegetables.
I’m sure that this will a family favourite for sure.
Recipe Cost Breakdown
*Prices correct as of April 2020
|Chicken Breasts||350g||385 kcal||£2.63|
|Garlic Clove||2 Cloves||48 kcal||£0.04|
|Ginger (Fresh)||22g||18 kcal||£0.10|
|Green Beans||50g||17 kcal||£0.19|
|Lime (Fresh)||Whole||20 kcal||£0.25|
|Red Pepper||100g||30 kcal||£0.21|
|Tomato Ketchup||2 tbsp||34 kcal||£0.02|
|Dark Soya Sauce||4 tbsp||34 kcal||£0.20|
|Hoisin Sauce||2 tbsp||70 kcal||£0.08|
|Plain Flour||1 tbsp||27 kcal||£0.03|
|Spicentice Firecracker Chicken Spice Mix||1 Pack||124 kcal||£1.59|
|PER SERVING||379 kcal||£1.59|
Chinese Firecracker Chicken
I am a huge fan of chinese food, I love the complexity and depth of flavours in chinese food, it is made quickly and without any rubbish going into the meals. Traditional chinese food is so wonderful and so much more than chicken fried rice or sweet and sour chicken balls.
The UK are huge fans of chinese food, I know I certainly am. But is the chinese food that we eat in the Uk traditional? For the most part, no. It has been changed and made to suit a western pallet. The food that is eaten all over China is very different. I’m sure you’ve seen the TV shows where chefs are travelling the globe and the food they are eating looks nothing like what we get from the local takeaway.
If you’re wondering when we started eating Chinese takeaway in the UK, well the first recorded Chinese takeaway was documented from 1907. Things have changed a lot since and there are several takeaways in every town across the country.
For more Spicentice recipes, then check out my Homemade American Beef Burgers. I will be adding a lot more Spicentice recipes to the blog, so keep an eye out for them. Oh and if you have forgotten, get 10% discount of spicentice mixes, make sure you go to the Spicentice website, discount code MATTSCAFE – Share the code with your family and friends.
Firecracker Chicken Recipe
- 1 Pack Spicentice Firecracker Chicken Mix
- 350 g Diced Chicken Breast
- 150 g Onion Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Crushed
- 50 g Peas Can use Sugar Snap
- 1 Whole Lime Juice only
- 1 Green Pepper Sliced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 4 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Plain flour Heaped
- 500 g Rice Can use Jasmin Rice
- Put a pan of water on to boil for the rice.
- Dice the chicken into bitesize pieces.
- Slice the onions and peppers and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and grate the ginger.
- In a large bowl, add the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, lime juice, 100ml of water and the Spicentice Firecrackert Sachet. Then mix it all together.
- Add half of the ginger and garlic to the marinade.
- Now add the chicken to the marinade and leave for 15 minutes.
- After the chicken has marinated, put a wok on a medium heat with some low-calorie cooking spray. Add the rest of the garlic and ginger and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and leave to cook.
- Now add the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through (5-10 mins).
- While the chicken is cooking, add 100ml of water and the flour to the marinade and whisk thoroughly until it is all combined.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the marinated sauce, peas, onions and peppers to the wok and leave to simmer, until the sauce thickens.
- Drain the cooked rice and spoon onto a small bowl and turn out onto the plate. Now spoon the Firecracker Chicken by the rice and serve.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!