A great meal doesn’t have to take forever to make and that’s why I love this slimming world tuna pasta bake, it’s quick, simple and easy to make. It’s one of the go to recipes in our home and one that everyone loves, it’s affordable and feeds everyone!
A good tuna pasta bake recipe doesn’t have to be difficult, I know loads of people that want to add fancy ingredients and make it posh, that’s not how we do it here! A good tuna pasta bake is messy, filling and looks terrible. I’ve tried to make it look “posh” and there’s no point!
You can put this slimming world tuna pasta bake recipe in the slow cooker if you wanted, however I tend not to do this because it can be a little dry and far too crunchy for me to handle. I like to do mine in a nice casserole dish in the oven!
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake
The thing I love about the tuna pasta bake is that it’s so affordable. Filling meals don’t have to be super expensive and this tuna pasta bake recipe shows that! You can find the cost breakdown below in the recipe card, but when you think about it, some tuna, pasta, sauace (jar if you want) and some cheese is nothing and it feeds many.
This slimming world tuna pasta bake recipe only uses one tin of tuna, however don’t let me stop you adding another one if you want, after all you might have a larger group of people to buy for. You can get tuna in packs of four if you wanted, which I do and find it easier.
A pasta dish is the best thing to make when you’re on a budget. It doesn’t even matter if you make too much because you can pop some in an air tight container and have it for lunch the next day! Which means you’re saving money on lunch as well, what’s not to like!
You can also bulk cook, make a tuna pasta bake and use them for lunches, maybe you have children and you wanted to put some in their lunches! Forget boring sandwiches and send them with a pasta dish instead, how fun!
Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe Equipment
If you’re making this tuna pasta bake, there are a few bits of equipment that I like to use. I’ve put some affilaite links below for you to check out. I couldn’t be without a good pasta dish for the oven though so make sure you have one of them!
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake syns
So if you’re making this slimming world tuna pasta bake recipe you’re going to want to know how many syns are in there in total. Well if you’re a family of 4, each potion is going to be 0.5 syns as the whole recipe only has 4 syns in it!! (Correct on 29/06/2021). Most of that is the cheese as well!
Make sure you use your healthy extras in your cooking, that way you’re able to enjoy much more when it comes to making them slimming world dinners and you won’t need to compromise at all! If you use youre healthy extras in this dish, it makes it a syn free tuna pasta bake recipe and that’s fantastic! (Correct on 29/06/2021).
Tuna and Pasta Bake Recipe
There are loads of different ways you can enjoy this tuna pasta bake recipe. Some people add peppers which taste amazing, other people add a little sweetcorn although I’m not a fan of that if I’m honest. You could add some spices and give it a kick if you wanted! Either way make the dish your own!
This recipe will keep for a couple of days as long as you keep it in an air tight container and I suggest putting it in the fridge as well to keep it nice and fresh! If you want to best results, eat it right away but it still tastes good for lunch the next day and let’s face it, good slimming world lunches are hard to find!
If you liked this tuna pasta bake recipe, let me know in the comments. IF you did anything different with it I can’t wait to hear what it was!
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Recipe Card
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe
- 160 g Dried Pasta
- 1 Tin / Can Tuna in spring water Drained and flaked into smaller pieces
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 clove garlic Crushed
- 1 Medium Pepper Chopped
- 240 ml Passata
- 240 ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 25 g Light Mozzarella Cheese 1/2 HEa
- 30 g Light Cheddar 1 HEa
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F (Gas Mark 4)
- Put a frying pan on medium heat, spray with Frylight.
- Add the diced onions and crushed garlic and cook until softened and starting to brown.
- Add in the stock and passata and the peppers.
- Bring to a sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to reduces down and thickens (around 10 mins).
- Drain the tuna and put the tuna into a bowl and flake it up with a fork so it is in smaller pieces and leave to one side.
- While the tomato sauce is reducing, in a saucepan, add water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the dried pasta and cook until al dente (so it still has a bite), drain the pasta and then stir the pasta into the sauce along with the tuna.
- Add the whole mixture into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle on top the mozzarella, then the chedder cheese. Season with some black pepper.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden.
Don’t forget to share this slimming world tuna pasta bake recipe with your friends, family and add it onto Pinterest so that overs can enjoy this amazing slimming world pasta bake recipe! Don’t forget to hide it from the members at group so that you can have the best weight loss with this low syn tuna pasta bake recipe!