A good family favourite meal has to be a pasta bake, especially the Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake, you can make a delicious pasta bake, cheap and it will feed the masses, not only that, but it tastes absolutely amazing.
All you have to do is think about what you can put into a slimming world pasta bake. It can be made just before you need it, but it can also be made in the slow cooker and left on low for the day. I have tried both ways, I like both methods, however, I do prefer it made just before I’m doing to eat it.
Slimming World Pasta Bake
A pasta bake doesn’t have to be complicated, in fact, they are one of the simplest and tastiest meals that I have made and loved in my family. You can seriously make a little number of ingredients go a long way and this Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake only uses one tin of tuna.
Pasta bakes work extremely well on a budget, if you make a little too much of the pasta bake that there are leftovers, that’s lunches for the following day all sorted then, just portion it up and put it in a packed lunch tub or takeaway container.
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake syns
When you are cooking, you need to think about your healthy extras and how you’re using them. I try and keep mine for dinners where possible, I think a lot of people do. So if you still have your healthy extras to use, then this is a syn free pasta bake recipe. I like to save my syns up for meals like this, means I know that I’m getting a little treat as part of my meal.
If you need to syn the cheese, the whole recipe uses 2 syns, it should feed 4 people, so that makes this recipe 0.5 syns per serving.
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Recipe
Slimming World Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe
- 160 g Dried Pasta
- 1 Tin / Can Tuna in spring water Drained and flaked into smaller pieces
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 clove garlic Crushed
- 1 Medium Pepper Chopped
- 240 ml Passata
- 240 ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 25 g Light Mozzarella Cheese 1/2 HEa
- 30 g Light Cheddar 1 HEa
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F (Gas Mark 4)
- Put a frying pan on medium heat, spray with Frylight.
- Add the diced onions and crushed garlic and cook until softened and starting to brown.
- Add in the stock and passata and the peppers.
- Bring to a sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to reduces down and thickens (around 10 mins).
- Drain the tuna and put the tuna into a bowl and flake it up with a fork so it is in smaller pieces and leave to one side.
- While the tomato sauce is reducing, in a saucepan, add water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the dried pasta and cook until al dente (so it still has a bite), drain the pasta and then stir the pasta into the sauce along with the tuna.
- Add the whole mixture into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle on top the mozzarella, then the chedder cheese. Season with some black pepper.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden.
Why not give this sw pasta bake recipe a try and tell me how it turned out for you. Did you add in anything different or try something different with it? Did you do this as a lunch or dinner? This is perfect for both, in my opinion (hot or cold).
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!