If you like Chinese food, then I’m sure you will like this slimming world sweet and sour chicken, the only problem with the version from the local takeaway is the way that it’s cooked, the batter on the chicken balls, the oil from them being deep fried and the amount go sugar that must be in the sweet and sour sauce.
Slimming World Fakeaways
If you are wondering what a fakeaway is, well it is a home made takeaway. This can be anything from burgers, kebabs, indian, pizzas or in this instance, a chinese. A Slimming World Fakeaway is only a slight amendment from that, it is that it is suitable to eat on the slimming world plan and it won’t break the bank on your syns.
Once you have decided what you want as your fakeaway of choice, there will certainly be a recipe for it, why not check out some of my other fakeaway recipes here.
How many syns are in the fakeaway slimming world chicken sweet and sour?
I have created my own version of the Chinese takeaway favourite and my sw sweet and sour chicken is only 2.5 syns per portion and even if I do say so myself, this is my favourite fakeaway recipe so far!
It is very simple to make, the hardest part is the batter for the chicken and in all fairness, that isn’t difficult.
Recipe for Slimming World Sweet and Sour Chicken
Slimming World Sweet and Sour Chicken (2.5 syns) Fakeaway
- 500 g Chicken Breasts Diced
- 20 g Plain flour 3.5 syns
- 2 tbs Cornstarch 3 syns
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs Water
- Sea Salt
- For the sweet and sour sauce:
- 2 tbs Tomato Paste / Puree
- 2 tbs Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Rice Vinegar
- 240 ml Water
- 2 tbs Apricot Jam 2.5 syns
- pinch Garlic Powder
- pinch Onion Powder
- Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces
- In a bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, salt, egg white and water and whisk till smooth and all combined.
- Add the chicken into the mixture and make sure it is coated evenly
- Spray a baking sheet with FryLight
- Place the chicken on the baking tray, making sure no pieces are touching.
- Cook on 180°C for 10 minutes, then remove the the oven, turn over and spray again with FryLight and put it back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Cook until the chicken is all golden.
- For the sauce, while the chicken is cooking in the oven, add the remaining ingredients into a saucepan and simmer until it is all thick, make sure you stir the sauce regularly.
- Serve with rice or your own choice of sides.
Why not give it a go and tell me how it turned out for you, if you fancy trying some different meat or even vegetables, tell me how it turned out. If you are one of the lucky people who have an ActiFry, then this recipe works perfect in that as well. It will still need around 20 minutes of cooking time.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!