I love Christmas but one thing I find is there’s hardly ever any good slimming world Christmas recipes out there and I think it’s time that changed! I’ve been putting together a list of amazing slimming world Christmas recipes for everyone to try, just because it’s that time of year doesn’t mean we all have to gain weight!
I’m not a huge fan of Christmas pudding, I feel like there’s way too much in one bite. That’s why I put these more bitesize muffins together, who doesn’t want a yummy Christmas pudding muffin? The thing with me is, it doesn’t matter what time of year it is, I always want to celebrate Christmas and make fun Christmas recipes!
I can eat Christmas food all year round, why does a mince pie have to wait until December until we can enjoy them? I made my own slimming world mince pies recipe and I still make them in June and enjoy them all!
Mini Christmas Pudding Muffin Recipe Tips
Slimming world Christmas recipes are hard to find and that’s why I want to make sure that everyone makes the most out of my recipes. With this one though I noticed a few things that were a little weird or something I did different to the “norm”.
I use orange juice instead of whiskey. This is mainly so that everyone can enjoy it. I know most people use whiskey or some sort of booze but I like to use something that everyone can have, both children and adults. I will also say that Whiskey has more syns in it than orange juice and I want this slimming world Christmas dessert to be low syn!
I would like to point out that the mixture is rather wet. I stood there looking at it for a few minutes thinking that it would never work, it does in fact work fine. So if you make this Christmas dessert and you think it’s too wet and isn’t going to work, try testing the mixture on one and then if it works make them all!
Mini Christmas Pudding Muffins Syns – 3.5
So you might be thinking that a Christmas slimming world recipe is going to have loads of syns and you’re going to get fat over Christmas time which will totally suck! I try and make all my recipes with as few syns as possible or no syns at all if I can, even if it’s not always easy.
If you’re after a low syn Christmas recipe this is one for you, with each muffin only having 3.5 syns in you can enjoy one or two at Christmas time! Slimming world is about enjoying the food you want but in moderation and trust me you’ll want these Christmas pudding muffins for sure!
You can also add a little cherry on top to make it look a little more festive but remember to syn them otherwise they might mess up weigh day!
Equipment Used For Slimming World Christmas Muffins Recipe
So of course I use “special” equipment when I make my recipes. To be honest I feel that most people will have these in their kitchen but it’s always handy to have a spare or maybe you’ll find something new? Take a look at the affiliate links below!
Christmas Muffin Recipe Card
If you’ve tried this Christmas muffin recipe please do let me know in the comments. I know not everyone likes fruit cake or Christmas puddings, I’m a little fussy like that as well but I really did like these! Tell me if you tried something else to mix it up a bit.
Slimming world Christmas recipes are hard to come by so let me know if there’s any you want to see! I’m thinking about making a slimming world yule log if that’s even possible! I’m not sure if a slimming world Christmas egg nog recipe is something I can do but watch this space and let’s see!
Slimming World Christmas Pudding Muffins Recipe
- Muffin Tray
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- 100 g Dried Mixed Fruit 14 syns
- 75 g Self Raising Flour 12 syns
- 50 ml Orange Juice 1.5 syns
- 4 tbsp Sukrin:1 2 syns
- 3 Egg
- 3 tbsp Black Treacle 6 syns
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 25 g Icing Sugar 5 syns
- Water Enough to make a thick icing
- In a bowl, add the dried fruit and orange juice and leave for 10 minutes until the fruit has soaked up the juice.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sweetener, baking powder and spices, mix them together.
- Add the eggs and treacle to the dried mixture and mix until it is full combined.
- Now add the fruit and any left over orange juice and mix until the mixture is all combined.
- In a muffin tin, add 12 muffin cases and divide the mixture into the 12 muffin cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until they are fully cooked. Checked that the muffins are cooked but putting a skewer into the middle of the muffin, if it comes out clean, they are fully cooked. If not, cook for a little longer.
- Once the muffins are cooked, put them on a wire rack to cool for 15 – 20 mins.
- Once the muffins are cool, put the icing sugar into a bowl with a teaspoon of water, mix the icing sugar and water together until the icing is very thick.
- Now put some icing on the to of the muffins, cool until the icing firms up. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and enjoy.
|Dried Mixed Fruit||100 g||350 kcal||£0.21|
|Self Raising Flour||75 g||266 kcal||£0.02|
|Baking Powder||1/2 tsp||1 kcal||£0.01|
|Black Treacle||3 tbsp||174 kcal||£0.09|
|Orange Juice||50 ml||23 kcal||£0.04|
|Sukrin:1||4 tbsp||0 kcal||£0.72|
|Cinnamon||2 tsp||12 kcal||£0.15|
|Ginger||2 tsp||12 kcal||£0.15|
|Icing Sugar||25 g||100 kcal||£0.04|
|PER SERVING||96 kcal||£0.16|
Make sure you share this with your loved ones if you enjoyed it as much as I do! Add it to your Pinterest to get the word out there and don’t forget to follow me on social media for more Christmas slimming world recipes!