These Pork Meatballs are great, easy to make and you can change the flavours of your meatballs every time you make them, especially if you are trying to see what works.
- 400g Sausage Meat
- 100g Chopped Onions
- 50g Chopped Leeks
- 100g Mixed Peppers
- 2 Tins Tomatoes – Chopped or Whole
- 200g Pasta
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional Breadcrumbs
- Put the pork sausage meat into a bowl, add a t spoon of dried oregano or any other herbs and or flavours of your choosing. This is where you can be a little experimental.
- Mix the sausage meat and herbs together until it is all combined, you may find that the mixture is very wet, so you will need to add breadcrumbs to the mixture. This will help it combined better and cook nicely.
- Once the pork meatball mixture is ready, take a spoonful of the mixture and put it into your hand. Roll the mixture around in your hands to make your meatball shape and size, the repeat until the mixture is all used up.
- If you don’t chop up and freeze your onions, peppers etc, this is the time where you need to cut them all up.
- Fill a pan with water and put on a low heat, while you are cooking the pork meatballs and making the sauce.
- Put the meatballs into a large deep frying pan, you won’t need to add any Frylight as the meatballs will already contain some. Cook on one side until golden, then turn them over and repeat.
- Once the meatballs have been cooking on a couple of sides, take them out and leave them while we make the sauce.
- Empty the frying pan, make sure there is not fat left from the meatballs. Spray a couple of squirts of FryLight into the frying pan and add the onions, leek and peppers and cook until ready. Once they are cooked, add the 2 tins of tomatoes. If you used whole tomatoes you will need to crush them to that they make a sauce. If you use chopped tomatoes, then this should already be done. You may want to add some herbs here, do so, but only a t spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now that the sauce is near enough made, turn to a medium heat, add the pork meatballs and leave to cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- I usually time it by putting the pasta into a pan of medium water and leaving that to cook, again around 20 – 25 minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, the meatballs are normally cooked, but do check.
- Now serve, relax and enjoy.
Let me know what you think of the Pork Meatball recipe, if you made any changes and any pictures of your creations, please share!!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!