For a delicious apple dessert, which is ideal for the home, BBQ’s, Picnics and parties, these Low Syn Apple Turnovers are just perfect and everyone will love them. Especially as they are only 1.5 syns each!!
If you have a sweet tooth but don’t want to fall off plan or you want to have something delicious after a nice dinner, without killing all the hard work that you have put into your healthy eating, these apple turnovers are just the ticket.
As they are made with a tortilla wrap, so that means there is no horrible pasty will absolutely wreck your healthy eating. With these Slimming World Low Syn Apple Turnovers, the are great for everyone, packed full of flavour and not an ounce of pasty in sight!
The turnover is a complete step up, I was surprised at how well they turned out and actually how nice they are. I think I have foud my new favourite sweet treat, with means I’m not doing anything wrong with this sweet food.
If you wanted to make smaller ones, then all you need to do is cut the wrap in half and make 8ths in exactly the same method.
Slimming World Low Syn Apple Turnover
- 1 Weight Watchers Wraps
- 180 g Large Cooking Apple 3 Syns
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Sweetener
- Peel and chop the apples, removing the core.
- Place the apple into a microwavable bowl, and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sweetener
- Add a tablespoon of water, cover the bowl with cling film and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes or until the apple starts to soften, but not until it is mush.
- Take the wrap and cut it in half.
- Place half of the cooked apple on one side of each half (Don’t get too close to the edges
- Brush the edge of the wrap with the beaten egg, and fold in half
- Crimp the edges of the wrap using the back of a fork to lock in the apple mixture.
- Place the two parcels on a baking tray that has been sprayed with Frylight, then brush the outside of the parcels with the beaten egg
- Sprinkle with some sweetener, and bake for 10 minutes at 200°C or until they are golden brown
img class=”size-medium aligncenter wp-image-2130″ src=”https://mattscafe.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/New-Pinterest-Size-Slimming-World-Low-Syn-Apple-Turnover-595×893.png” alt=”New Pinterest Size – Slimming World Low Syn Apple Turnover” width=”595″ height=”893″>
If you make these the day before, you can re-heat them up in the oven, just sprinkle a little water on top of the pasty so it doesn’t go hard. These pasties can be eaten hot or cold, so perfect for desserts, snacks, pic-nics or parties, and if yours go down anything like mine did, people will be coming back for them time and time again, they will be surprised at how much nicer they are than the pastry version.
If you have tried these pasties, let me know your thoughts, if you have changed the recipe, what did you do and how did they turn out? I will show you some other recipes of these pasties that I make.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!