If you’re anything like me, dinner can be a pain knowing what to cook, that is not plain and boring, but doesn’t need half of the kitchen to make. Well this Slimming World Lemon Chicken Rice Traybake (Syn Free) only needs one roast tray, you know the deep tray that you probably use for your Sunday roast. That is all you need for cooking here,
With the Slimming World Lemon Chicken Rice Traybake (Syn Free), everything goes into the tray and put into the oven, and you let the oven do the rest of the work, it is that simple.
Now if you make a little bit extra, firstly if the family doesn’t clear their plates with this, what hasn’t been served you can use the following day for your lunch, so you stay completely on plan and you haven’t had to do anything additional to have this.
Now, one thing I will say, you can have a play around with the herbs if you wish, instead of 3 different herbs, as the recipe shows, you could use 3 teaspoons of mixed herbs, it would have the same effect. The only difference is that the flavours will be slightly different, but art would still work.
You can also use chicken legs or thighs, just remove the skin before cooking and follow the recipe exactly and it still works.
Lemon Chicken Rice Traybake Recipe
Slimming World Lemon Chicken Rice Traybake
- 4 Medium Chicken Breasts Diced
- 420 ml Chicken stock
- 250 g Basmati Rice
- 150 g Butternut Squash Diced
- 2 Large Peppers Sliced
- 2 Medium Carrots Sliced
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 1 Clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 Large Lemon Sliced
- Zest of a lemon
- 8 Cheery Tomatoes Cut in two
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dired Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- pinch Salt and Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F
- Put the dried herbs, paprika, crushed garlic and lemon zest into a bowl and mix together.
- Add the diced chicken into the bowl and mix together so all the chicken is covered in the dried mixture. Add a couple of sprays of FryLight to make sure the mixture sticks to the chicken.
- Slice the onion, carrots and peppers and dice the butternut squash and spread in an even layer in the roasting tray.
- Add the rice and make sure it is still in an even layer.
- Pour in the stock all over the mixture evenly.
- Add the diced chicken, lemon slices and tomatoes.
- Cover with tin / aluminium foil and put in the oven for 45 mins
- After 45 minutes, remove the tin foil, take out the chicken and lemons.
- Give the rest of the mixture a good mix and then spreading back out into an even layer.
- Now add the chicken and slices of lemon to top and put back into the oven, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is all cooked, serve and enjoy!
I have played around with this recipe a couple of times now and this is the version that I am happy with. Remember depending on the type of right you buy, it may have a different cooking duration, or liquid requirement, so cook the dish until the rice is cooked, if it needs more stock / water, use that bit extra.
If you have tried this traybake, let me know your thoughts, if you have changed the recipe, what did you do and how it turn out? I will show you some other recipes of these traybakes that I make.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!