If you are anything like me, then slimming can be hard, especially because I like my food. One things that I have missed while following Slimming World has been a nice pie. Well not anymore with this Slimming World Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Pie.
Instead of the standard pie being shed loads of pastry, this is more of an open pie with filo pasty on the top. You can stay on plan and only use the princely sum of 2 syns on this tasty meal.
There are a large number of other recipes out there for pies, but I have to be honest and say that this is my favourite. I have made a few changes, so this recipe is completely my own.
This Slimming World Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Pie is perfect comfort food, which can be eaten whenever you need that bit of comfort. There is no need to roll over syns from the previous day, this is completely on point.
Just like most people, I am extremely busy so having a really nice meal which isn’t going to take loads of time is just what is needed. Slow cook the filling and then 20 minutes in the oven for the pasty and hay presto, you have that meal you need after a hard or busy day.
If you want to make sure that the pie is cooked, you can use this amazing thermometer that I have been using for ages. It might be a little pricey, but with the quality of the thermometer, this is something you can use time and time again.
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Pie Recipe
Slimming World Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Pie
- 450 g Lean Diced Steak
- 2 Onions Roughly chopped
- 15 Mushrooms Quartered
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Beef Stockpots optional
- 500 ml Beef Stock Made with 1 beef stock cube
- 25 g Filo Pastry 3.5 syns
- Add the beef, onions and vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the 500 ml of Beef stock, tomato puree and the stockpot (if you are using one.
- Add all of the other pie filling ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the lid and cook for up to an hour; reduce the liquid until it reaches your desired thickness – you can add some cornflour to thicken up if you don’t want to wait Remember to syn the cornflour!!
- Assembling the Pie
- Pour the filling into an oven proof dish, you can either make one large pie or use smaller dishes for individual portions.
- Take one sheet of filo, lay it out flat and spray generously with Frylight.
- Cut the sheet into 8 even pieces. Scrunch each piece up lightly then place them on top of the filling. Leave as fewer gaps as possible
- Spray with a little more Frylight
- Place the dish on a baking tray and cook for 15 – 20 minutes at 180°C or until the filo is golden brown and crisp all over
- Remove from the oven and serve with Slimming World Chips or mash.
If you fancy making this Slimming World Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Pie, why not add a little bit extra, try different meat or even different vegetables. Let me know how you got on with this recipe, if you made any changes or what your thoughts are to the Slow Cooker Beef and Veg Pie.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook …. If you have any queries or questions about my blog or any reviews then please contact me.