With work making our lives busy, we do sometimes find excuses not to cook properly or get a takeaway, with a fantastic Slow Cooked Beef Casserole all you need is a little planning and you can have a wonderful home cooked meal that’s been cooking all day and all you need to do is serve when you get home.
Serves: 4 – 6 people
Time: 15 mins Prep, 8 – 12 hours cooking
Syns: Syn Free – unless you use gravy granules or milk in your mash.
- 800g Lean stewing beef – Diced
- 200g Swede – Peeled and Diced into Large Chunks
- 200g Sweet Potato – Peeled and Diced
- 200g Green Beans
- 100g Parsnips – Peeled and Cut into Large Pieces
- 1 large leek – thickly sliced or you can use an onion
- 50g Mushrooms – Sliced
- 800ml beef stock
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme – or other herbs that you like.
- Salt and Black pepper
- Remove all visible fat from the beef and cut it into bite size chunks
- Peel and prepare all vegetables.
- Unless you prepare and freeze your vegetables like I do, check out my post about freezing vegetables – To Freeze or Not to Freeze.
- Put the diced beef into the slow cooker, followed by all the vegetables, stock, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Leave to cook for 8 hours or more.
- If you want to add potatoes to the casserole then do so, but you may need to adjust the liquid. Or you can make mash like I have in the pictures. Then enjoy!!
Let me know what you think of the Slow Cooked Beef Casserole recipe, if you made any changes and any pictures of your creations, please share!!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!