Lemon is one of my most favourite ingredients to use when it comes to baking. I’ve made my famous slimming world lemon muffins which went down a storm so I thought it was time I made a yummy lemon drizzle cake!
I love a good slimming world lemon drizzle cake, I’ve been making them for years and I have no idea why I’ve not written the recipe up before. A slimming world lemon cake is amazing, full of flavour and very filling which is what you need when you’re spending syns!
So if you’re looking for a yummy slimming lemon drizzle cake, you’ve found it. I’ve tried to make it as easy as possible to follow and if you want that nice, light colour make sure you don’t leave it in for too long!
Slimming World Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake
If you’re looking for something to make for a dinner party or you just fancy a nice treat to have after dinner, this slimming world lemon drizzle cake is the perfect thing. It doesn’t take long at all, packed with flavour and it so easy to make anyone can do it.
I like this recipe because it doesn’t have loads of ingredients, it’s not full of ingredients that you’ve never heard of before or anything that can be harmful to the body. Lemon is one of my favourite flavours to use but if you’re going to buy them make sure they’re the unwaxed variety.
I love making a scrumptious lemon drizzle cake when I’m stress, anxious or just fed up with work. I find the smell of the lemon to be calming and it saves on buying essential oils, plus you have something to enjoy once it’s baked!
Equipment Used In Lemon Drizzle Cake?
I use various bits of kitchen equipment in this recipe, these are affiliate links, they will give me a little money but it doesn’t cost anything for you to use them but it does help me out so I can make more fantastic slimming world related recipes in the future.
Slimming World Lemon Drizzle Cake Syns?
You might be thinking, that lemon cake looks amazing! No way is it a low syn slimming world lemon drizzle cake right? Well, actually it is very low syn indeed. A nice slice of this cake has 4 syns in it which is very impressive if you want my opinion!
I will note that most of the syns come from the icing so if you want to try and make it a little healthier, you could always leave the icing off the top of the cake. The icing however I think is one of the nicest bits and makes the cake so much better.
If you’re on the look out for cheap cake recipes I will say that this cake only cost £1.78 to make which I think is amazing. Budget meals are something I’m on the look out for and I love making cheap meals. Don’t forget to meal plan and shop on a budget!
Lemon Drizzle Recipe Card
If you’ve tried this very nice lemon drizzle cake please do let me know in the comments, I make at least once a month and it’s a firm favourite to make if I know I’m going to be visiting family so that they can enjoy it as well. I will say make sure you poke holes in the top so the icing goes inside and it tastes better.
Don’t forget to take a look at my other recipes while you’re here. Personally, I love this Slimming World’s Chocolate Coke Cake Recipe and it’s well worth the syns! Who doesn’t want to enjoy slimming world cake while on the slimming world journey?
Slimming World Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
- Stand Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- Loaf Tin
- Loaf Tin Liners
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 115 g Low Fat Spread
- 4 tbsp Sukrin:1
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Lemon – Rind and Juice
- 125 g Icing Sugar 25 Syns
- 1 Lemon – Juice Only
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Using a fine grater, grate the rind off of a lemon and add to the cake mixture.
- The lemon that you have taken the rind from, cut it in half and squeeze to get the juice from the lemon, be careful not to get any pips in the lemon juice.
- Add the flour, sweetener, baking powder, low fat spread, eggs, lemon rind and lemong juice into a large bowl and mix until it is all combined.
- Once the mixture is combined, pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin.
- Put the lemon cake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf and it is golden in colour.
- Juice the lemon into a bowl, make sure you don't get any pips in the juice.
- Slowly add the icing sugar until it is all combined.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake, leave in the fridge for the icing to firm up.
- Once the icing is all firm, slice and then enjoy the cake.
|Self Raising Flour
If you liked this slimming world dessert recipe, don’t forget to add it to Pinterest so that others can enjoy it as well. Just don’t tell Brenda at the slimming group because you don’t want her to lose weight on the slimming world plan and beat you!