I love a good soup, whether this is for lunch or dinner, there is nothing better than a healthy slimming world soup! I’ve made Syn Free Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup before and it went down a treat, which is why I just had to try this slimming world red pepper and sweet potato soup!
This slimming world red pepper soup will have you eating a really nice healthy meal and I guarantee there won’t be anything left over, although if there is you can always get some takeaway containers and put them in the fridge or freezer for a lunch for another day.
Slimming World Soups
For a tasty evening meal or lunch for work, this slimming world red pepper and sweet potato soup is ideal. Packed full of goodness, syn free and extremely tasty. I have found that you can make some really nice soups with very simple ingredients that you have in, all you need to do is think about what goes together.
Slimming World Red Pepper Soup
This slimming world red pepper soup is extremely simple to make, it can be made either on the hob in a saucepan or in a soup maker if you have one if you don’t then check out this one, I totally recommend having a soup maker as it will save you time, space and it is so easy to use.
If you’re making soup on the hob, you will need a hand blender to make the soup smooth and like a soup. If you do have a soup maker, it is as simple as throwing all the ingredients into the soup maker and leaving it to do its job for the next 19 – 24 minutes – depending upon your soup maker of course.
The thing I like about the soup is all the ingredients are healthy and easy to get your hands on, the soup cost hardly anything to make and will please the whole family. This can be an extremely great way to get kids to eat vegetables and they won’t know it’s already in the soup.
Slimming World Red Pepper Soup Syns
I know syn counting is really important on slimming world so I made sure to make a slimming world recipe with no syns! Which means you can enjoy as much of this soup without needing to spend any syns, you can make a yummy slimming world diet coke chocolate cake and not have to worry about syns after.
The fact that it has no syns also means you can have some for lunch and then use some syns on Slimming World Slow Cooker Diet Coke Gammon (2 syns) for dinner!
Easy Slimming World Soup Recipe
As I’ve said before you can either do the soup in a pan and then blitz it or you can use a handy soup maker which will do all the work for you. I used to do all my soups in a pan and it took the best part of an hour, however after using a soup maker I soon make soup ready in half-hour.
Slimming World Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup Recipe
Slimming World Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Large Saucepan OR Soup Maker
- 900 ml Vegetable Stock
- 4 Medium Red Peppers Chopped into chunks
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced – I prefer red onion
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- Pinch Oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- OPTIONAL Chilli or Ceyenne Pepper If you want a bit of a kick to the soup
- Spray some FryLight into a saucepan and add the onions, cook them until they soften. While the onions are softening, boil the kettle.
- Once onions are soft, add peppers, sweet potato, garlic and then add the stock.
- Cook for 20 minutes until all is soft and sweet potatoes start falling apart.
- If you are using them, add the chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Use the hand blender to make the soup smooth, make sure you get all then bit.
- Serve with some bread, rolls or what I like is the thins.
- Alternatively -If you are using a soup maker, add all the ingredients into the soup maker and let it cook and blitz.
|Vegetable Stock Cube||1||8 kcal||£0.12|
|Red Pepper||4||120 kcal||£0.84|
|Sweet Potato||2 medium||230 kcal||£0.40|
|Oregano (Dried)||1 tsp||5 kcal||£0.20|
|Salt & Black Pepper||–||–||£0.01|
|PER SERVING||106 kcal||£0.41|
Why not give it a go and tell me how it turned out for you, if you fancy trying some different vegetables, tell me how it turned out, alternatively if you have a great soup recipe, please share.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!