This epic 3-ingredient homemade dog treats recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make, especially if you’re using adorable silicone moulds to get the shape you want! This recipe has everything your dogs going to love, peanut butter and bananas which my dog adores! Combined with oat flour which isn’t harmful to our furry friends, what’s not to love.
I love making new treats at home for my dog, he loves them and can’t get enough. Thankfully he has a lot of fun at daycare and on long walks that he doesn’t put on loads of weight. It’s important to remember that dogs either need a lot of exercise or less treats all the time, even if they are super cute and deserve treats for just existing!
I would suggest that if you’re making these treats, keep them in an air-tight container (I love the Sistema ones!) and use them within 3 days of making them so that they’re fresh and delicious for your furry friends!
Homemade Dog Treats Ingredients
If you want to know more about the ingredients that are going into this recipe, take a look at the notes below.
- Oat flour: This will be the key ingredient in the cookies and will give them their structure. If you cannot find oat flour then you can blend/blitz oats to get the same texture as needed as they’ll give a floury consistency. If the mixture is too sticky you can add more if needed. (do not use flavoured oats as these aren’t for dogs).
- Natural peanut butter: Dogs (especially mine) love peanut butter which is why they work so well in this recipe! It’s important to use peanut butter which is made for dogs and ensure the peanut butter does not include xylitol which is dangerous for pups.
- Bananas: Bananas are safe for dogs in moderation and adda a delicious flavour to these yummy treats, bananas are the ultimate sweet treat for dogs so it makes sense to use them in epic homemade dog treats!
The Best Way To Make Banana & Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits Recipe
If you’re looking to make this dog treat recipe as easy as possible, I have some tips for you! They can be very messy if you’re making them for the first time and I see people making them different and whatever way suits you is fine but I like to use silicone moulds for a lot of my baking. I find that I use cookie cutters and they just either fall apart or they don’t look as good and spread while cooking.
I use these dog silicone moulds which work a treat with several of my recipes now, the only issue with this recipe is that it’s more of a dough mixture so you should let them sit on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes after trying to smooth them out in the moulds. The silicone moulds means they’re not going to stick and you can easily get them out once they’ve cooled down without any breakages.
If you’re looking to make this recipe more affordable, get plain old-fashioned oats and blend them, it’s a cheaper way and as long as they don’t have flavourings or ingredients that are harmful to dogs, you’ll be fine with them. You don’t have to top these dog biscuits if you don’t want to but personally, they look so much tastier.
As you can see below Max loved these peanut butter dog treats and wanted more when he went to daycare to share them with his friends!
Homemade Dog Treats 3 Ingredients Recipe
If you’ve made this homemade dog treats recipe, let me know! Since getting Max I’ve been making so many dog treat recipes it’s unreal and he loves being my new recipe tester, I can’t quite ask my partner can I! I know some people are worried that if people start making dog treat recipes at home then small companies are going to go out of business but don’t worry, I still spend way too much on their products for Max as well!
If there are any recipes you love making for your pup, let me know and I’ll have to try them out! Remember if you made these dog peanut butter and banana treats stick a picture on Instagram and tag me! Let me know if you did anything different with this recipe and I can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
If you’re making this homemade dog treats recipe then when it comes to icing them with peanut butter you can either be decorative and make them look pretty or you can dunk the treats in and cover them! Personally, I like to do half and half and take a selection into the doggy daycare that Max visits.
3 Ingredients Dog Treat Recipe
- 160 g Oat Flour
- 260 g Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Bananas Mashed
- Get ready with your oven and a baking sheet. Preheat to 150℃ / 300°F and cover the sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, and hit the pulse button until everything's perfectly mixed.
- Fill up the silicone dog treat molds with the dough.
- Pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until they turn a light golden colour. Take them out, and let them cool on a wire rack to reach room temperature.
- Top it off with melted peanut butter, if you like. Leave the cookies to cool. Serve it up to your furry friend and savour the moment!
If you loved this recipe as much as my own dog did, share it with your friends and family who have dogs and add it to your Pinterest so the whole world can take a look! After all caring is sharing when it comes to these 3 ingredient homemade dog treats and your dog will thank you!