Corned Beef Hash is one of those recipes that is great comfort food, but can be very stodgy and greasy cover in cheese. That would not work on slimming world, firstly because that amount of cheese would not be ideal and actually, corned beef is not the healthiest. Well that is until now!
I have changed the traditional corned beef hash into something a little bit special. Poshed up a little as well and by poshing it up, it means that you actually have something more than just stodge. Even though I am calling this a Posh Corned Beef Hash recipe, this is actually a really simple corned beef hash recipe.
Best Corned Beef Hash
Personally, I do think that this is the best way to have corned beef hash, the recipe is simple to follow, packed full of flavour and some speed foods such as peppers and spring onions.
You may be wondering is all corned beef the same, in one sense of the word, yes, very much so. The basics of corned beef is beef that has been preserved in brine, chopped and pressed and sold in tins. Now this is where you need to keep an eye out, the different brands of corned beef do have different syn values, so you should check on the brand that you buy for the recipe. A tin of Princes Lean Corned Beef Reduced Fat 3 syns for the whole tin, where as Aldi’s Owen Corned Beef is 11 syns for the tin. You need to factor in this when making the recipe. The only thing that has a syn value in this posh corned beef hash recipe is the corned beef.
Corned Beef Hash Syn Value
Based upon the recipe that I have done, there are 4 syns in the corned beef that I have used, as the recipe makes enough for 4 people, that means that this recipe is a low syn recipe at 1 syn per portion. Like I have previously mentioned, check on the corned beef and make adjustments where needed.
Posh Corned Beef Hash Recipe
Posh Corned Beef Hash (Low Syn) Recipe
- 600 g Potatoes Peeled and chopped – You could use new potatoes
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 1 Medium Green Pepper diced
- 1 Medium Red Pepper diced
- 225 g Corned Beef Cubed – 4 syns
- 4 Spring Onions sliced
- Salt and Black pepper
- Preheat grill to a medium / high heat.
- Put potatoes into a saucepan and boil until they are cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes and crush with a folk so they are not quiet mashed.
- In a large, high sided frying pan, spray with FryLight, add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the cubed corned beef and break up the corned beef into smaller chunks with a wooden spoon, and cook for a couple of minutes, add the peppers and cook together.
- Add in the potatoes, add some salt and black pepper, mix together, add the spring onions and then flatten down all the mixture in the pan.
- Reduce heat and allow to brown on the bottom for around 4-5 minutes. Then place under a grill, and grill until the top is golden.
- Cut into 4 and serve. Ig you have your healthy extra, you could use some cheese here, if you want to use cheese as an extra, don’t forget to syn it.
This is going to be a crowd pleaser recipe, it is packed full of flavour and goodness, is tasty and as it contains speed foods, it sill help with your Slimming World journey. If you have decided to make some changes to the recipe, drop me a comment, I would love to hear about the changes that you have made, especially so I can try them too.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!