When it comes to quick and simple meals, I’m there. I don’t have loads of time left to cook after work and quick slimming world meals are at the top of the list for me. This slimming world meatloaf is super easy to make, doesn’t take that much time at all and it’s so tasty I love it!
If you’re on the lookout for slimming world comfort food but don’t want the calories, this meatloaf recipe is the one you need. Plus it looks so good when it’s finally done, you might not want to share it with anyone else!
It’s one of my favourite slimming world dinners, a lot of slimming meatloaf recipes have terrible ingredients in them that taste terrible and are full of syns, not this one! You won’t need to worry about syns with this syn free meatloaf recipe that’s for sure!
Slimming World Syn Free Beef and Sweet Potato Meatloaf
If you’re wondering, how many syns in slimming world meatloaf? Don’t worry about it! This slimming world meatloaf recipe is totally syn free, it’s full of vegetables and spices that everyone can enjoy and packed full of yummy flavour! The only thing you might have to syn is the cheese you put on the mash!
The one thing I love about this Slimming World Syn Free Beef and Sweet Potato Meatloaf is that it’s full of sweet potato! Slimming world recipes with sweet potato you’re going to find are normally syn free! They’re full of all the vitamins you need such as E, B6 & C and packed with iron, potassium and are all-around good for you!
I always try and use sweet potato for my slimming world dinner recipes, however, if you’re not feeling it you can always substitute them with carrots or just use normal potatoes. However, for this slimming world meatloaf, I’d suggest sweet potato every time for the right texture.
Easy Slimming World Meatloaf Recipe
The great thing I love about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make and as long as you follow the recipe card, you’ll have a new favourite dinner time recipe! I know a lot of people find the sauce a bit offputting and never want to use it all, however, if you want the best flavour you should use every drop!
I never thought you could get a meatloaf recipe syn free but then again I love to play about with recipes to make sure they’re suitable for everyone and this way you can enjoy a yummy dessert like this yummy slimming world lemon drizzle cake recipe!
This beef and sweet potato meatloaf is very filling, who knows if you’re even going to want to eat by the time you’re finished? I would suggest serving it with normal mash and a vegetable mix as well. Let me know what you had with this slimming meatloaf recipe!
Equipment I Use
You’re going to want to make sure you have the right equipment when you make this dish, trust me I tried making it a few times and without the right kitchen equipment, it didn’t turn out well! Now I’d never dream of making this meatloaf without a loaf tin! Check out the affiliate links below for what I use every time!
Why Make Syn Free Meatloaf?
There are loads of reasons as to why you should be making this syn free beef meatloaf recipe, other than the fact it’s syn free and mega tasty! If you like budget meals or just want to cook cheaper, this is a budget-friendly dinner recipe that everyone can get behind! Take a look at the cost breakdown in my recipe card to see how much money you can save!
I’m all about making recipes cheaper and easier to make and this recipe fits that bill totally! If you shop on a budget you have to add this dish to your shopping list! It’s suitable for the whole family and I really can’t see anyone having complaints about this meatloaf dinner recipe!
Syn Free Slimming World Meatloaf Recipe Card
Let me know what you thought about this slimming world meatloaf dish and if you did anything different! If you’re looking for thanksgiving ideas as well, this meatloaf recipe would be a fantastic addition! We don’t really do thanksgiving in the UK but I do enjoy a nice BBQ or pick dinner with the family!
Slimming World Syn Free Beef and Sweet Potato Meatloaf
- Silicone Spatula
- Loaf Tin
- Stand Mixer
- 500 g Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 2 Medium Sweet Potato Grated
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1 Medium Egg
- 240 ml Passata
- 120 ml Chicken stock Can use vegetable stock if you prefer
- 1 tbs Tomato Puree
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the mince beef, grated sweet potato, egg, herbs and spices and mix together until the mixture is full combined.
- Line a loaf tin with some parchment paper, this is to make sure it doesn’t stick to the tin.
- Add the meatloaf mixture to the loaf tin and push down to make sure it is compact.
- Wrap the loaf tin in cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes for the meatloaf to really incorporate the flavours. N.B you can skip this step if you are short on time.
- Preheat oven to 180℃ or 350F (gas mark 4)
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, you need to make the sauce.
- In a saucepan, add the passata, tomato puree, stock, herbs, garlic powder and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens. Once ready, set aside.
- When the meatloaf has cooked for 45 minutes, remove from the oven.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 200℃ / 400F (gas mark 6).
- Add some of the sauce on top of the meatloaf and then return back to the oven. N.B The sauce will go a darker red, this is meant to happen.
- Remove from oven, remove from the loaf tin, be careful as there might be some meat juices, you don’t need these, plate the meatloaf on a plate and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mashed potato and vegetables
|Beef Mince (5% Fat)||500 g||750 kcal||£2.59|
|Sweet Potato||2||206 kcal||£0.28|
|Garlic||1 Clove||0 kcal||£0.02|
|Onion Granules / Powder||1 tsp||8 kcal||£0.05|
|Paprika||2 tsp||12 kcal||£0.06|
|Italian Herbs (Dried)||2 tsp||6 kcal||£0.02|
|Passata||240 g||63 kcal||£0.20|
|Stock Cube||1||8 kcal||£0.03|
|Tomato Puree||1 tbsp||3 kcal||£0.02|
|Garlic Gransules / Powder||1/2 tsp||5 kcal||£0.02|
|PER SERVING||283 kcal||£0.86|
This is a recipe that the family really enjoy and one of the simplest, let me know your thoughts if you have changed the recipe, what did you do and how it turn out? Don’t forget to share this recipe to your Pinterest so that others can see it. Just don’t share it in group, because you want slimmer of the week after all!