Slimming World Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is an absolute classic, but it always seems that no matter where you get the recipe from, it has cream, cheese and so much bad stuff in it. I wanted to make a slimming world beef stroganoff with as little of the bad stuff in as possible but still keeping the recipe nice for everyone!
This isn’t a Slimming World Beef Stroganoff with quark because I hate having to use quark in slimming world recipes all the time, instead, I use Philadelphia cream cheese and think it taste so much better! Philadelphia cream cheese can also be used as your healthy extra otherwise it will need to have a syn value.
Making Beef Stroganoff dairy free
Yes, it can, if you want to be dairy free, then you can use coconut milk instead but make sure that you use the full-fat version of the coconut milk, as you need the creaminess to make the dish thicken. A dairy-free Slimming World Beef Stroganoff is great, especially for the other half who can’t have too much dairy.
How Many Syns In Slimming World Beef Stroganoff
If you use Philadelphia as your healthy extra than this Slimming World Beef Stroganoff recipe is only 0.5 syns per serving. However, if you don’t use the healthy extra the beef stroganoff recipe is 3.5 syns per serving.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Slimming World Beef Stroganoff Recipe (0.5 syns)
- 400 g Beef Steak Cut into strips
- 1 medium Onion Sliced Thickly
- 250 g Button Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard (0.5 syns)
- 500 ml Beef stock
- 220 g Philadelphia Lightest (11 syns)
- 2 tsp Brandy Optional
- Pinch Salt & Black Pepper
- Slice the beef steak into strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Put a large deep frying pan on a medium heat and add some Frylight.
- Cook the beef quickly in the pan to seal all sides of the beef. Then remove the beef from the pan.
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce and White Wine Vinegar to the pan to de-glaze it. Make sure that you scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan and once the liquid has nearly all gone, then add some Frylight.
- Cook the mushrooms and onions until they are browned. Add the Dijon mustard and Brandy (only if you are adding the brandy). Cook out for a few minutes until the mustard is all mixed in.
- Once at this stage, add the beef stock and leave to reduce by half.
- Once the stock has reduced by half, add the Philadelphia and mix until there ae no lumps.
- Once the mixture is all ready and looking good, add the beef back into the sauce and cook together for 10 minutes, this will make sure that the beef is fully cooked. N.B. If the sauce is looking too thick, add a little cold water and mix together.
- Serve the Low Syn Slimming World Beef Stroganoff with boiled rice.
The Slimming World Beef Stroganoff also makes a great dish for dinner parties or even lunch. Let me know how your versions turn out, if you made any changes to the recipe, it would be great to see how it turned out for you. If you fancy something yummy for dessert as you’ve saved on syns maybe take a look at this Slimming World Diet Coke Chocolate Cake (Low Syn) it’s so tasty!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!