Now this is a wonderful recipe for Cottage Pie, it is great to make and once everything is prepared it is as simple and just adding the next bit to the pan.
Serves: 4 – 6 people
Time: 15 mins Prep, 40 mins cooking
- 500g Mince Beef
- 250g Potatoes
- 100g Onions
- 50g Mushrooms
- 50g Peppers
- 50g Carrots
- 50g Peas
- 50g Green Beans
- 50g Sweetcorn
- 25g Butter / margarine
- 20ml Milk
- Gravy Granuals OR Bisto and Cornflour
- Salt and Pepper
To make the cottage pie, all you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Chop up the carrots, onions and peppers, unless you are using frozen. If you are using frozen vegetables, then just get everything ready and in bowls / plate, so you can then just add it when needed.
- Peel and shop the potatoes and add to a pan of water. Put this on a low – medium heat, add some salt to the water and leave until they are soft.
- Add the mince and onions to a pan, make sure you use a wooden spoon to break up the meat and mix with the onions. Cook until the meat is half-cooked through, then add the mushrooms.
- Once the mince is all cooked through, add all the other vegetables and mix until all combined.
- Once the vegetables have cooked through, make a well in the middle of the pan, if there isn’t enough water, then add some as this will form the gravy. Add the gravy granuals and mix until you have a gravy, once the gravy is ready, mix it through the cottage pie mixture.
N.B Don’t worry if you need to make more gravy, just repeat this process. If the gravy is too thick, just add some more water.
- Now the cottage pie mixture is ready, put it into an oven proof dish and leave while you are making the mash potato. Pre-heat the oven to 180 – 200 degrees centigrade.
- The potatoes should be soft strain then and get rid of all water, add the potatoes back to the pan. Add the Butter / margarine and mash the potatoes until smooth, also add the milk and mix until it is smooth.
- Add the mash to the top of the cottage pie mixture, spread until the mixture is covered, run a folk down the whole length of the mash potato to make a pattern, now put the cottage pie in the oven and cook for around 20 minutes or until it is golden on top.
- Now remove from the oven, serve and enjoy.
Let me know what you think of the Cottage Pie recipe, if you made any changes and any pictures of your creations, please share!!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!