I bet you look at your cupboard and think, “what the heck am I going to do with that?” or “How can I make this food exciting?”.
Well let me help you out a little. I love cooking and I like to have good food that is not boring, it has to have some excitment to it, even if you are on a diet or follow a healthly eating plan such as Slimming World. No matter what, you need some store cupboard staples that will help you through and be there for that excitement.
I bet you are thinking, what do I really need in my store cupboard? Will I really use them? The answer to your questions, hopefully will be answered here.
Some of these items are give and take, but for a lot of the food, you will use these staples on a daily basis, I sure know I do.
- Black Pepper
- Pink Pepper corns
- Bulgur Wheat
- Lentils (brown, green and red)
- Plain Oatmeal
- FryLight – Sunflower, Oliver oil, Coconut Oil, or Butter
- Baked Beans
- Chick Peas
- Mixed Beans or Butter beans
- Tabasco Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Tea and Coffee
- Mustard Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Canned Salmon
- Dried Herbs – Oregano, Thyme, Italian herbs, Mint, Basil, Coriander, etc
- Dried Spices – Chilli, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Cloves, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Turmeric, Nutmeg, Saffron, etc
- Selection of raw nuts and dried fruit
- Some good quality dark chocolate – 70% or higher
This is just a range of items, I sure have a lot in my cupboard. Without having a range of essentials in my cupboards I wouldn’t be able to cook half of what I have cooked.
The one thing I live by, especially in my kitchen is have a well stocked basics for flavour and the rest is a lot easier, you just need to know how and when to use them.
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my about page for information on sponsored posts!